Release Notes for Apache Helix
The Apache Helix would like to announce the release of Apache Helix 0.6.0-incubating
This is the first release in Apache umbrella.
Helix is a generic cluster management framework used for the automatic management of partitioned, replicated and distributed resources hosted on a cluster of nodes. Helix provides the following features:
- Automatic assignment of resource/partition to nodes
- Node failure detection and recovery
- Dynamic addition of Resources
- Dynamic addition of nodes to the cluster
- Pluggable distributed state machine to manage the state of a resource via state transitions
- Automatic load balancing and throttling of transitions
- [HELIX-1] - Use org.apache.helix package for java sources.
- [HELIX-2] - Remove jsqlparser dependency from Helix
- [HELIX-3] - Fix license headers in sources.
- [HELIX-12] - Issue with starting multiple controllers with same name
- [HELIX-14] - error in helix-core ivy file
- [HELIX-4] - Remove deprecated file based implementation
- [HELIX-5] - Remove deprecated Accessors
- [HELIX-13] - New usecase to replicate files between replicas using simple rsync
- [HELIX-15] - Distributed lock manager recipe
Have Fun -- The Apache Helix Team